Monday, February 28, 2011

Believe Me I'm Lying

Due to these upcoming events and other things, I have found it on my heart to start engaging more in my prayer life. My prayer life, or sometimes lack thereof has been the downfall of my walk with Christ. Sometimes I get so caught up my day to day activities that I forget or never get around to simply talking with God. It’s something that my life needs because I have needs. 
Let’s be frank, life is good but sometimes I just let things really get to me. It’s because of all of these fears, doubts, failures that I have began turning to God. It’s still something that I am consistently working on but the amount of joy I find in casting all of my worries on Christ presents an overwhelming sense of satisfaction and encouragement. Prayer is a powerful thing.
As I continue on my journey I begin to find a new sense of trust and relief in God that I can’t find anywhere on this earth. I really wish that there was another way to fully escape some of life’s hardships but the only way to fully relieve it’s stresses is by praying and giving it all to God. 
Upon this upcoming trip to Ireland here in 2 days I have really been praying that God heal me, use me, and help me find peace in a place that last time offered me one of the greatest times of peace in my life. Things make it a little different but I trust that I can help me let go and find peace, allowing him to work through me, helping me change the lives of the people of Northern Ireland. All I know is that I love Jesus with all of my heart and I realize that he has a plan for me. If I pray and ask for him to guide me, and give me opportunity he will do so. That’s what an all loving God does.
Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

No comments:

Post a Comment